GuidedAging speaks dementia.
I'd like to share with you what a geriatric care manager can do. Here I've listed just a handful of the services I offer. Most of my clients are adult children who do not live near their aging parent(s). I am honored to serve as their advocate!
I encourage you to contact me, so we can set up a complimentary consultation to review your family's needs, dynamics, and expectations.
After our initial meeting, I will give you a brief proposal that covers short-term and long-term goals as well as my associated hourly rate. Package options are also available for ongoing needs or special projects.
To protect all parties involved, please know that I have full liability insurance, am bonded, and passed DOJ background-check clearance.
What is Geriatric Care Management?
- Educational & Interpretive Family Sessions
- Supportive guidance for care teams based on your communication styles and disease progression
- Mediative-style appointments for care teams
- Long-term Care Facility Navigation & Advocacy
- Education around long-term care options, recommendations for most appropriate level of care, facility meeting attendance, etc.
- Assistance with admission paperwork, move timeline, physical admission, etc.
- Relocation & Transition to Care Facility
- Assistance physically moving from a private home or other facility to a long-term care facility
- Relocate within California or elsewhere in the US
- Aging Companionship & Activity Care Plans
- Attendance at special events, medical appointments, travel supervision, etc.
- Personalized engagement plan based on interests and ability, such as personalized music playlists
- Caregiver Stress Reduction
- Evaluation of caregiving structure
- Individual support sessions on role reversals, care-team creation, realistic expectations, etc.
- Needs Assessment of Current Living Situation
- Safety review and recommendations
- Referral to appropriate services to encourage independence
Learn more on the Aging Life Care Association website.